Thursday, September 7, 2017

Cardio is Fun?


A week ago I finished my 3 Week Yoga Retreat. I loved those exercises, even though they were hard.  I could feel my body getting stronger. I lost over 10 pounds and 9 inches with that 3 week retreat (don't let the name fool you. I have Fibromyalgia, and that 3 weeks was more like 4 1/2 weeks...) but I finished it. I reported it on Team BeachBody, and then I decided to try a new exercise session. . . and I wanted the t-shirt and the bragging rights that went with it! So I decided to go with "21-Day Fix". 21 days. Another 3-weeker. (4 1/2 weeker wink wink). The promise of a free t-shirt reward. I found my next exercise.

I started with Day 1- Total Body Cardio. Not bad. A little sore, but not bad! 

Day 2 - Still Sore. Oh Good. Upper Body. I can handle this.

Day 3 -  Someone who shall remain nameless forgot to take their meds and now can't walk. No Exercises today!

Day 4 -  Can't walk. No exercises for me today!

Day 5 -  Still can't walk well, but am tired from just sitting around. My BRAIN isn't sick. just my BODY hates me. Oh Good. Pilates.

And then Today...
Day 6 - Cardio Fix. . . NOOOOOOO!!!!!!





And So It Begins...

C - Cats. Because cats are way better than cardio. They smell better and they are all cuddly. No one wants to cuddle after you do cardio! Because you stink! Cats don't mind if you stink though. . . in fact, I think they like it...maybe it's just the salty after-taste.



A- Arms. Have you ever noticed that cardio can't be done without waving your arms all over kingdom come?? It's like your heart won't beat if you don't flag down the passing train! My heart beats hard enough just getting out of bed in the morning! 



R- Rosy Cheeks are a must when one does cardio. I think it comes from holding your breath while trying to keep up with the modifier! 



D- Death Wish. Does this one really need explaining?



I- I want this session to end please . . . and then you hear "Push Yourself!". Uhh.... nope!


O- Oh My Gosh, I'm going to die! I really meant it when I said, "I want this session to end please!" It is also the shape my lips make while trying to breathe!




I- I am wondering if I made the right choice of exercises, because I am dying here! I have to modify the modifier, and I'm still having a hard time. Man this Fibro has totally turned my life upside down! . . . I really want that Free t-shirt! If nothing else gets me through these sessions, this awesome t-shirt promise will!



S- Sucker! Autumn Calabrese and her *BONUS* exercises. Today she was saying how we know she likes to throw a bonus exercise in there! "It's not optional. It's a bonus. Get off your booty and get to work!" I showed her though. I sat on my booty and waved down the passing train!





F- Fetal Position. It's the position I want to take when instructed to take "child's pose" for that 3 second rest I've earned! I don't though. I take a 5-second rest instead. Pretending that I have to "watch" the modifier to see the whole move. 




U- Underwear. Either pick them out or don't wear them. I'll let you decide. 



N- Not your Richard Simmons Cardio! Beach Body Cardio on the 21 day Fix is not Richard Simmons sweatin'-to-the-oldies. It's New Age kick your butt cardio with a swim-suit competitor as the drill sergeant! Richard Simmons was kind to old ladies. Autumn Calabrese doesn't care what your age is. She put a modifier in there for a reason. Get off your booty and MOVE!



And so I finished the whole 30 minutes with not one swear! It's probably because I couldn't breathe. but I finished it! I found that it wasn't as bad as the first Total Body Cardio - who has two thumbs and remembered to take their medicine! 



I even did the dishes when I was done! That's all the energy I had for the day, but I did them. 

I am finding that even though I am in a flare right now, the shakeology is helping with a little added energy. It's also helping me feel a little bit better than I normally do. 

And...

It's getting me one step closer to that sweet free t-shirt! If that isn't a reason to kick my butt .... I mean move my booty every morning, I don't know what is!


Just Kidding!


. . . But I really do want that t-shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment